Saturday, August 9, 2008

10K in 53:26

I really enjoyed the race in Salem. It was small and mellow which suited me perfectly. I was glad that our friend Steve was there to run the race too and to help me out as a newbie to this kind of thing.

I finished in 53:27 for an 8:37 pace and was really happy with my time. I felt well prepared in terms of strength, endurance, nutrition, and energy. All I was lacking was sleep. It was a good confidence builder going into the 1/2M. Five weeks...let the countdown begin!

Here are the results overall and by age group. (Looking at the results, it does not escape my attention that three of us in my age group were very close in time...this will spur me on to run a little better next time :-)


Steve and I pre-race...looking fresh.


Steve and I post-race!